Topic Options
#73 - 07/20/99 10:44 AM Automatic save & export
Scott Bransky Offline

Hi All,<br><br> Would it be possible to include an option for an automatic or scheduled save of the current trace? I know you can use the /save option to save upon exit, but what about say every 2 to 4 hours? Also, would it be possible to schedule an automatic export to a text file. I would like to set up some kind of automated reporting on our intranet based on the raw data.<br> I absolutely love this package and find it invaluable. We are using it to monitor our international (frame relay) sites. <br> Thanks in advance<br><br>Scott Bransky<br>Network Analyst<br>Information Builders<br>New York<br><br>

#74 - 07/22/99 09:56 AM Re: Automatic save & export [Re: Scott Bransky]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
At this point, there is no way of having Ping Plotter auto-save at specific intervals. <br><br>However, if you're after text data, you can set up an alert that will always fail - and have that log to a text file. This would allow you to run "real-time" analysis of data being collected if you want to.<br><br>There are details on how to set up an alert on the Ping Plotter web page:<br><br><A HREF="http://www.nessoft.com/pingplotter/alerts.html">http://www.nessoft.com/pingplotter/alerts.html</A><br><br>Let me know if you have more questions on this.<br><br>Pete<br><br>

#75 - 09/02/99 01:22 PM Re: Automatic save & export [Re: Pete Ness]
RCulver Offline

Pete, I tried to get the alert function to automatically save data to<br>a text file just like you suggested and I can't seem to get it to do <br>this. I'm using version 2.03. The instructions seem fairly simple. I set<br>a threshold of just 5 msecs and told it to log if more than 10 samples were<br>over that. I tried creating the file ahead of time also. Default is <br>the destination name. For test purposes is called it www.yahoo.com.txt.<br>I'm sure that I must be doing something simple wrong but I can't figure it<br>out. Can you help? <br><br>

#76 - 09/08/99 12:14 PM Re: Automatic save & export [Re: RCulver]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi.<br><br>The *MOST* likely reason it's not working is because you don't have the alert tied to an IP address. Start your trace and then right-click on the IP you want to monitor. Then, select "Add Monitor" from the popup menu and then slide your alert over to the selected side.<br><br>If that's not it, then send me your alerts.ini file and I'll have a look at it. You can e-mail me that file (send to support@nessoft.com).<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Sorry about the long reply time on this! Had some problems with my scripts not notifying me when new messages are posted!<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod