Topic Options
#4015 - 08/21/23 11:09 PM Paketloss caused by me or my isp ? Need help
CasperJoe23 Offline

I have been experiencing paketloss for over 2 years now. It is especially annoying when using realtime apps or when i am trying to play video games online.

Now my question would be if someone could help me figure what this pingplotterscreenshot could mean. https://imgur.com/a/hIaKR5X

1. Is the issue on my end or my isps end ? (how can i tell ?)
2. What could a possible solution to my problem me ?

I appreciate any answer !

Attachments
HEHAHHA.png (37 downloads)
heise.de 2023-22-8 03-44-11.pp2 (91 downloads)

Edited by CasperJoe23 (08/21/23 11:45 PM)

#4016 - 08/23/23 03:15 PM Re: Paketloss caused by me or my isp ? Need help [Re: CasperJoe23]
Tyson Offline

Hi CasperJose23,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We understand how frustrating Internet problems can be! Luckily PingPlotter gives you some insight into what's going on.

I took a look at the data you sent over and it seems like you're experiencing an issue in your providers network. Take a look at the screenshot I uploaded. Notice how hop 1 looks great! No issues there. Average latency of 1ms is fast!

Hop 2 is where we start to see high latency and even some packet loss. This is then carried all the way through to the final destination, heise.de. Hop 2 is typically in your provider's network. A quick WhoIs lookup indicates this device belongs to Vodaphone but you'll want to verify that with your provider.

I recommend reaching out to your Internet Service Provider with your PingPlotter data to see if they can do anything to resolve your issue. Here's a guide which will help you build your case: https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/outside-network-problems/

I wish you the best of luck!

Attachments
heise.de.png (28 downloads)

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod