Topic Options
#3905 - 01/10/22 03:45 PM Subnet scan
thrtnastrx Offline

Is it possible to add a subnet (non local) to scan for responding IP's and auto add them to the summary page? Same as "Local Network Device Discovery" but for a different network? If not what is a good workaround? Meaning I need to scan 10.32.19.0/28 and continue to monitor all of the responding devices. I used to use MultiPing to do this which I loved but now working on a Mac and it's not available nor does it work with Wine.

#3906 - 01/11/22 06:42 PM Re: Subnet scan [Re: thrtnastrx]
Poe Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Hi Thrtnastrx,

Thanks for writing into the forum!

Right now this is not a function of the Local Network Discovery tool but it seems like a good feature to add!

I'll go ahead and submit a feature request to our Product Team for you. I'd love to get more details about your use case and requirements around this feature. Could you send an email to support@pingman.com with Feature Request in the title? If you can include a detailed description of how you would use this (maybe how you used it in MultiPing?) and the capabilities that you'd like it to have, this would help us spec the feature requirements.

Without knowing more about how your network is configured it's hard to say what kind of workaround could help to achieve your goal. The Local Network Discovery tool should scan for and grab anything that is accessible to it. If it can see multiple subnets then it should scan them and grab all of the devices it sees.

A simple and low-tech workaround would be to scan that subnet using a different tool (something like LanSacn). You can then copy all of the devices that you want to trace (as a .csv file), change the extension to .lst, and load them as a target list (File -> Import Target List File). It's a bit clunky but it should work in the short term.

I look forward to hearing more about your feature request!

Thanks,

-Poe

#3967 - 09/15/22 12:17 PM Re: Subnet scan [Re: Poe]
thrtnastrx Offline

Resurrecting this old suggestion. Anything on the roadmap to allow the Local Area Network Discovery to scan a non-local subnet? This would make the tool much more useful for advanced network engineers. You have the feature in MultiPing (File>add address range>add responders only).

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod