Topic Options
#3877 - 09/05/21 09:21 AM Help analysing PingPlotter Data
Phil Offline

Hi everyone!

I have the problem that my internet is gone periodically. Most of the time it is about once an hour that in short intervals between 5 and 20 minutes the internet is gone for several seconds and then comes back. I would describe it as a stuttering connection.

I have been able to record several of these situations with the PingPlotter. Judging by the data, I would have said it was either the router or the technology in the house. But since I have no experience in IT, I wanted to ask again what you think.

What do you think?

Attachments
Screenshot_1.png (52 downloads)
1-8-_internetw_weg.pp2 (218 downloads)
25_7_Internet_weg_www.google.com.pp2 (183 downloads)

#3878 - 09/07/21 05:35 PM Re: Help analysing PingPlotter Data [Re: Phil]
Poe Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Hi Phil,

Thanks for writing into the forum!

After taking a look at your PingPlotter data it would appear that these periods of 100% packet loss are starting at your router and are going all of the way through to the destination. I would guess that this is likely some bad hardware and that it might be time for a new router. That said, I'd certainly suggest power cycling it and perhaps even a factory reset (careful as this may remove any ISP configurations that may be set, talk to your ISP first) before giving up hope and tossing it. Here is a link explaining what Bad Hardware on Local Network might look like. The intermittent red bars that go all the way through the route point to hardware in my mind.

Make sure to check your wiring or if you're on wireless try plugging in and see what that does for your connection.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Thanks,

-Poe

Edited by Poe (09/07/21 05:36 PM)

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod