Topic Options
#3609 - 03/05/20 10:43 AM Multiping Stalls
Big P Offline

I have the latest version of multiping (3.20?) running on a pretty newer windows 10 machine, 16Gigs or Ram, 2Tb Solid state drive, it's a pretty fast machine. The problem is multiping locks up and "is not responding" frequently. I usually have to wait about a minute before it becomes responsive again. This wouldn't normally bug me but it's starting to get more frequent, from twice a day now up to 5 times a day.

Right now I have 56 targets i'm monitoring and it will come and go. I remember previous versions of multiping when I had well over that amount of targets, wouldn't freeze. I have tried un-installing and re-installing and playing around with the prefs with no luck. Did I miss a setting someplace? Any help would be appreciative.

#3611 - 03/05/20 03:24 PM Re: Multiping Stalls [Re: Big P]
Poe Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Hi Big P,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with MultiPing locking up on you - thanks for letting us know!

It's hard to know exactly what might be causing this behavior. I would suggest looking into the system resource usage to see if there may be any sort of a bottleneck from other applications that are running (updates, backups, syncing, etc.).

A good next step would be to send us a support ticket (Help -> Email Support) as that will give us some log information to get started with to see if there is anything obvious that might be going on.

As soon as we get that we'll take a look and be in touch to let you know what we're seeing.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

-Poe

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod