Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3584 - 02/18/20 03:28 PM Re: Please help, my ISP is being useless [Re: imme]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey Imme,

I'm so sorry this is happening!

We do have a text export option - open up a trace and head to File -> Export to Text File. We go over that a bit here. For packet loss, please note that the responses will show up as asterisks, not numerically.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

#3598 - 02/25/20 04:16 AM Re: Please help, my ISP is being useless [Re: Hayla]
imme Offline

Thank you!

NBN co are trying to say there isn't an issue... I am so fed up, my connection is rarely usable!

#3603 - 02/26/20 05:08 PM Re: Please help, my ISP is being useless [Re: imme]
AustinB Offline
Network Support @ Pingman Tools

Hi there Imme,

I'm sorry you're continuing to have issues with these folks!

One of the tactics we suggest in these circumstances is, for lack of a better term, is to be a "squeaky wheel". When you get your ISP on the phone, feel free to give a short explanation of the issue, but calmly and persistently request to speak to a supervisor.

Once a superior is on the line, calmly and methodically describe the issue and finish with saying to them "I'm paying for this service - please take a look at the data I've collected".

If that STILL doesn't work, you'll need to escalate to management. The best thing to do though, is to keep calm and STAY PERSISTENT. They'll eventually get the message that if they at least look into the issue, they'll fix the "squeaky wheel".

I firmly believe that as long as they're investigating the data that correlates to the problem you're experiencing, they should be inclined to fix it smile

Please feel free to reach out with any questions or if you'd like to share an update with us.

All the best,

-Austin

#3608 - 03/04/20 01:45 AM Re: Please help, my ISP is being useless [Re: AustinB]
imme Offline

Thank you, Austin... I am certainly being a squeaky wheel! Haha! I have a supervisor who has been working with me on this for the last few weeks and it's certainly been helpful just dealing with the one person rather than a bunch of people who need the story told again and again.

So this issue is still ongoing. I have had a technician out today who says the line is fine. My ISP increased the bandwidth of my service (for free) to see if that would fix the issue, but it hasn't.

I don't understand why nobody can pinpoint what the problem is. It has been 4 months now and I still have a barely usable internet service, trying to play games on it is frustrating to the point of just not playing them anymore.

From the sounds of it my ISP are at a loss as to what to do next. I just don't even know what to think anymore.

#3610 - 03/05/20 02:30 PM Re: Please help, my ISP is being useless [Re: imme]
AustinB Offline
Network Support @ Pingman Tools

Hello there Imme,

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long! I'm sorry you've had to go through all of this stuff. Good job being that "squeaky wheel" smile

I don't have a lot of expertise in network hardware, although, it seems clearly apparent that there's an issue with the ISP's devices early on in your route. To me, increasing bandwidth may help eliminate a variable, but it is certainly not the best they can do.

Perhaps your ISP lacks PingPlotter to help them troubleshoot the issue?

If they're at a loss of what to do/try, they can use PingPlotter for free for 14 days automatically. At the very least, they'd be able to confirm for themselves where the issue is starting and really FOCUS their efforts in that ONE area.

If they're unable to resolve this issue, I'd highly recommend shopping around for other services (if they're available).

I'm sorry I can't be of more help in this situation. Unfortunately, if it's a problem outside of your network, your provider holds the solution.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help out!

-Austin

Edited by AustinB (03/05/20 02:30 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod