Topic Options
#3493 - 10/29/19 04:58 AM Diagnosis
Lyrael Offline

Hi everyone,

I'll start by saying I know next to nothing about any of this. We've been having intermittent issues with Eastlink "high speed" cable internet (20d/l, 2u/l when it's working) in our rural town for two years now. Our neighbours have problems as well and the tech, who tries his best, has said there is a town wide issue. He suspects Eastlink just isn't willing to upgrade the poor, very old equipment. We seem to get more issues than most though and that might be because we're pretty much at the end of the line.

I tried the pingplotter to see if there could be anything in there I could bring to Eastlink to try to get this fixed. Unfortunately I have no idea how to interpret the results. Can anyone see anything that would help us understand what's happening? All the red suggests to me there's something there. Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Also, I blacked out the addresses because I wasn't sure if they were private information I shouldn't be posting (??). But if they're important for a diagnosis, let me know and I'll put them back.

Attachments
Eastlink Problem.png (79 downloads)

#3494 - 10/29/19 10:25 AM Re: Diagnosis [Re: Lyrael]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey Lyrael,

Thanks for getting in touch!

So from what I can see, it looks like you definitely have some packet loss going on (which isn't what we like to see). However, since this is just a ".png" - I can't interact with the graph and open up hops to see which one started the packet loss.

It would be very helpful if you could send us a share page - either here or to our email (support@pingman.com). You can do so by opening up your trace, and clicking File -> Share. Send us the link either here or in a support ticket and we'll take a look!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod