Topic Options
#3491 - 10/24/19 09:25 AM Diagnosis Help
JRwhite Offline

Hello all,

Just joined the forum to ask for assistance with regards to our network issues. I believe it to be bandwidth saturation of the ISP's equipment, but wanted to make sure, as it looks clean on our home network.

Connection looks stable until the slightest increase in bandwidth, even running a speedtest causes substantial dropped packets.

I have already emailed our ISP last week to ask for his assistance and I have yet to see any change as of late.

Please find attached Pingplotter data screenshot and .pp2 file

https://imgur.com/a/lWwYUjj

Thanks and Best Regards,

JR

Attachments
Pingplotter.pp2 (437 downloads)
Description: Test Results

Updated pp2.pp2 (458 downloads)

Edited by JRwhite (10/24/19 11:27 AM)

#3492 - 10/24/19 04:20 PM Re: Diagnosis Help [Re: JRwhite]
AustinB Offline
Network Support @ Pingman Tools

Hey there JRwhite,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

It looks like your conclusions about your ISP's equipment/network seem to be correct. I pulled in your .pp2 file, and it's pretty clear that this packet loss is originating at hop 3 (however, there's a slight chance this issue could reside in the connection between hop 2 and hop 3).

If you'll take a look at the attached image, the patterns of packet loss at hop 3 and the target (destination) look nearly identical.

I would recommend speaking with someone at your ISP and getting this evidence in front of them. If you're interested, these articles may offer some pointers about bringing your case to your ISP:

I hope that helps - if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out!

Cheers,

Austin Berner
Software Support Technician | Pingman Tools
support@pingman.com | (208) 345-0030

Attachments
PingPlotter Results.png (112 downloads)

Search

Who's Online
1 registered (Robertdee), 21 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod