Topic Options
#3019 - 03/09/17 06:14 PM Load Saved Target List on startup
JWK Offline

I have PingPlotter Pro running as a service on Win7-Pro. If I reboot the computer, I don't really see any PingPlotter window, nothing on the taskbar, nothing under notification area. If I start PingPlotter manually, it has no targets. I have my targets saved as a Saved Target List. How do I get PingPlotter to run automatically after a reboot, using my Saved Target List? I have it at a distant branch office. I might only get there every month. It does me no good to set the system up and then have the computer restart in a couple of days because of a power outage, Microsoft Updates, Anti-Virus updates, etc. I need PingPlotter to autostart and run with my Saved Target List. How do I do this?
Again, I have 2 problems. (1) It doesn't look like PingPlotter is starting up automatically after a reboot even though I am running it as a service. (2) When I start PingPlotter, it has no targets. It won't automatically load or use as a default my Saved Target List.

#3020 - 03/09/17 06:24 PM Re: Load Saved Target List on startup [Re: JWK]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey JWK,

Thanks for writing in - sorry you're having trouble.

We'd *love* to dig into this a bit further to get to the bottom of what's going on, but may need a bit more info to do so. If possible, would you be able to send in a support ticket from you instance of PingPlotter (via the "Help" -> "Email PingPlotter Support" option in program)? This will give us a bit of information on your configuration, as well as the opportunity to take a look at any error logs that may be present (which could help provide some clues as to whats causing this behavior).

Let us know, and we'll be happy to help out from there!

Best wishes,

-Gary

#3023 - 03/10/17 12:32 PM Re: Load Saved Target List on startup [Re: Gary]
JWK Offline

I will get that on my next trip to that branch. I am new to PingPlotter. So PingPlotter IS supposed to open up with the tartgets I was viewing when I last closed it? I don't have to specify anywhere what targets or saved targets list it is supposed to load when I open it up?

#3024 - 03/10/17 12:43 PM Re: Load Saved Target List on startup [Re: JWK]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey JWK,

This really depends on which version of PingPlotter you're running; the newer versions of the program (v5) *should* automatically reopen the targets you were tracing to when you last closed it. Some of the older version of the program (v3, v4) require a bit of configuration to get a workspace set up to load on launch.

We'll be keeping an eye out for that support ticket! If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod