Topic Options
#2972 - 12/07/16 09:26 PM Interpreting results
yesplz Offline

I have been having severe issues with my connection as of late with no help from my ISP. The majority of the issues occur during the night and appear to happen sporadically.

I took this while I was using TeamSpeak 3. I know when my connection has gone down hill due to everyone chatting in TeamSpeak 3 sounding like robots.

Any input would be great!

Thanks.
http://imgur.com/KqipnOa

#2974 - 12/08/16 01:24 PM Re: Interpreting results [Re: yesplz]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hi yesplz,

Thanks for sharing this screenshot of your results!

It's tough to speculate on exactly what the culprit in your issue may be with the small amount of data we have here. The results we can see in your screenshot don't point to any specific issues. That doesn't mean that you're *not* experiencing issues, though - it just means that a bit of additional work may need to be done to capture them.

The best way to capture problems is to set PingPlotter up to trace to a target that you've been experiencing issues with (in your case, maybe a game/TeamSpeak server?). You can let the program run in the background (continuously) while you're doing other things, and when you experience any issues - make a note of them in PingPlotter. You can then see if there are any "problem patterns" in your PingPlotter data that match up with the issues you're experiencing with your connection, and use that information to narrow down what your culprit may be.

We've got a great guide that goes over some best practices and strategies for troubleshooting network problems using PingPlotter, which may prove helpful to you here:

https://www.pingman.com/network-nirvana/

Hopefully this helps get you headed in the right direction! If you have any questions, or if you should find yourself needing any other guidance - please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod