Topic Options
#2956 - 11/29/16 11:50 AM Tracing via Remote Agent
infosecguy146 Offline

I've read through the documentation of how to get this type of trace going, but whenever I set engine to go to the workstation, I stop getting replies. I have verified that the remote agent is working on the PC I'm trying to connect to by opening up the address in the web browser. It says -

PingPlotter Pro Remote Windows Agent V4.11.1.4

Tracing to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Must specify an IP Address

I'm not sure how to proceed so any advice would be appreciated!

#2957 - 11/30/16 12:38 PM Re: Tracing via Remote Agent [Re: infosecguy146]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hello!

We'd love to help get to the bottom of what may be happening with your remote agent setup - but it's a *bit* tough to do so without a bit more info.

If possible, would you be able to shoot us a support ticket from within PingPlotter (via the "Help" -> "Email PingPlotter Support" option)? This will give us a closer look at your configuration, as well as any error logs that may be present - which may help provide some clues into what could be causing this behavior. Any screenshots or additional info you can provide would be helpful as well!

Let us know, and we'll be happy to help out from there.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2958 - 11/30/16 01:13 PM Re: Tracing via Remote Agent [Re: Gary]
infosecguy146 Offline

Originally Posted By: Gary
Hello!

We'd love to help get to the bottom of what may be happening with your remote agent setup - but it's a *bit* tough to do so without a bit more info.

If possible, would you be able to shoot us a support ticket from within PingPlotter (via the "Help" -> "Email PingPlotter Support" option)? This will give us a closer look at your configuration, as well as any error logs that may be present - which may help provide some clues into what could be causing this behavior. Any screenshots or additional info you can provide would be helpful as well!

Let us know, and we'll be happy to help out from there.

Best wishes,

-Gary

I've tried that but I get an error message when I click Send Now. "An Error occurred while sending the request." The machine is behind a proxy and I suspect that the application doesn't know how to handle this.

Thanks.

#2959 - 11/30/16 02:12 PM Re: Tracing via Remote Agent [Re: infosecguy146]
infosecguy146 Offline

Nevermind, I ended up just building another portgroup and sticking the VM on there which gave it direct access to our local ISP bypassing the proxy. I was finally able to successfully submit a ticket via the application!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod