Topic Options
#2866 - 06/10/16 12:59 PM selecting source NIC
DonD Offline

How do I configure PingPlotter 5 to select which source NIC to use? I have 2 routes (wired and wireless). Each is supported by an independent ISP, and I need to monitor both separately.
(Windows 10 and latest PP5)
thanks,
DonD

#2867 - 06/10/16 05:40 PM Re: selecting source NIC [Re: DonD]
Phillip Offline
Pingman Staff

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hey DonD,

Thanks for writing in to the forums - I hope your day is going good so far!

The short answer to this is, PingPlotter 5 does not support the script that is needed to make this possible. This feature is on our road-map to be added down the road, but we are unsure of when you could expect this. You *can* get around this by simply disabling one NIC and running a trace (which will force the route through the enabled NIC) - and then you can swap NIC's and run the test again to compare.

Alternately, The ability to do this through a script *is* still available in PingPlotter Pro version 4. If you are absolutely needing this feature, I may suggest downloading and using version 4.

If you do wish to go the version 4 route, here is a guide on how to set everything up for this:

http://www.pingman.com/kb/61

If you have any other questions about this (or anything else), feel free to email us anytime at support@pingplotter.com.

Have a great weekend!

-Phillip

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod