Topic Options
#2607 - 02/03/15 05:58 AM Seem to have alot of packet loss at peak times, ISP problem?
Keliptic Offline

Hey all.

I seem to have alot of issues at peak time, around 5-10pm. my ISP has taken on alot more users recently and im guessing they cant handle it.
I've included an image of the pingplotter from last night.
http://imgur.com/qDwFTdE

Just want to confirm that it is an ISP problem before i call them up.

Thanks Keliptic.

Edited by Keliptic (02/03/15 05:59 AM)

#2608 - 02/03/15 01:03 PM Re: Seem to have alot of packet loss at peak times, ISP problem? [Re: Keliptic]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Keliptic,

Thanks for writing in!

Based on the screenshot alone here - it's tough to speculate as to what exactly your issue here may be. With your description, and what we can see in the image - it *seems* like you're headed down the right path, but we'd recommend gathering some more information to be certain.

If you think it's a time based problem (happening between 5-10pm), then you'd ideally want to trace continually for at *least* 24 hours (but 48 hours would help to paint a better picture of the problem). Your goal is to show problem periods, as well as good periods - so that you can correlate any patterns that occur in your results with poor network performance. This helps you not only narrow down the issue - but helps create a stronger case if you should happen to need to take these results to your ISP.

We've got a guide that goes over some best practices for troubleshooting an issue like this, which you may find useful here:

http://www.pingplotter.com/netnirvana/

If you should find yourself with any other questions, or needing any guidance - we're always happy to try and help out as well! Feel free to send over any .pp2 files you'd like, and we'd love to take a look and offer any guidance we can.

Best wishes,

-Gary

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod