I live on a road leaving town, and no one else out here around me has internet through them, at least that I know. The tech yesterday said there was only one other person in my neighborhood that had them as there ISP, and he said they hadn't reported a problem. If I had a way of knowing who it was, I would go ask them if they noticed there internet running slow also, and see if they would let me run the same tests there.

We are still waiting for a call back, from someone that is supposed to be trying to figure out what is wrong on there side. How long this will take who knows. Yesterday the tech that was here called someone on the phone, who was the one that told him to check at the central office. He also told him if he still has that problem he should call someone else, and gave him a different number, and said that guy might be able to work in a video conference with them, if they could do it when he had time. I guess all I can do now, is hope someone they call knows the system, and can see something that is wrong.