This extension adds a right-click menu option to any hop on the Summary Graph or a target graph which allows you to edit the DNS Name for that hop / target. This also adds an option to re-resolve the name from that hop (in case you edited the name, then later want to change it back to default).Required PingPlotter Pro version:
This extension requires PingPlotter Pro 3.20.1p or higher. Installation Instructions
- Download the attachment from this post (link near the title). The file will be named "Edit DNS Name.ppx".
- Save it in your "c:\Program Files\Pingplotter Pro\scripts" directory (or the appropriate path if you've not installed to that location).
- Close and restart PingPlotter Pro.
- Trace to a target of your choice.
- Right-click on any hop or the final destination's hop, then pick the "Edit DNS Name..." or "Re-resolve this hop's name" option.
If you're using the "Summary Name Override
" script, then you'll need to update to the latest version of that script - the old version is slightly incompatible with this script.Wrap up
If you find any issues are problems, please post a message here or send an email to email@example.com
**Update (April 15, 2015): PingPlotter v4 has this feature installed by default (no extension needed!).