Topic Options
#2022 - 06/09/08 03:47 PM Alarm when total time off equals specified amount
Richard Offline

I have purchased Ping Plotter Pro and I was wondering if there was a way to set up alerts or another method to determine when a IP address has been unreachable for 1 hour total. What I mean by this is that if an address is unreachable for 60 minutes total I will get notified. So if on Monday it is off for 5 minutes, Wednesday 25 minutes, Friday for 30 minutes (now it has reached 60 minutes) I will get notified. If this is not possible is there a method to determine how long an IP has been unreachable.
Thanks
Richard

#2023 - 06/09/08 11:45 PM Re: Alarm when total time off equals specified amount [Re: Richard]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
You can do this.

Let's say you have a 15 second trace interval. You run continuously, so you're collecting 5760 samples per day (4/minute, 60 minutes, 24 hours), or 40320 samples per week. Since you collect 240 samples in an hour, you can set up an alert to look at 40320 samples (the "Samples to examine" setting), and alert when 240 or more samples are lost (over 9999 ms).

That alert will look at the last 7 days, and alert you if the target has been down for more than 60 minutes total in that period - even if that 240 lost samples (or 60 minutes of downtime) is separated over 15 separate outages.

I've attached a screenshot of the alert configuration. This assumes a 15 second trace interval - if you're using something different, then you'll have to use different numbers - you should be able to just scale things proportionally, though.

Let us know if this is what you're after.

- Pete

Attachments
2062-Hourofoutage.png

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod