Topic Options
#1909 - 08/16/07 11:32 AM MultiPing - Save graphics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
I have had Ping PLotter running on one of our servers for some time, and I arrange for it to save a graphic every five mins or so in a file that the web server can get to.
I am now running a trial version of MultiPing on the same server, but MultPing doesnt seem to have the same "save graphics" feature at Ping Plotter.
Is there anyway I can get to see the MultiPing graphics via a web page?

rgds Jim

#1910 - 08/16/07 01:03 PM Re: MultiPing - Save graphics
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi, Jim.

Sorry, there's no way of making MultiPing save off the image - manually or automatically.

As an alternative, the latest beta version of PingPlotter Pro has an active web interface with a summary screen that behaves quite a bit like MultiPing does. You will need a license to use the latest beta - let us know (via email to beta@pingplotter.com) if you're interested in checking this out and you don't have a license. If this works like you expect but you wish there was a way to get a .png image instead of an active javascript user interface, we can offer some help on that (via a properly crafted URL that will always return the latest summary screen in .png or .gif form).

Best wishes,
Pete

#1911 - 08/17/07 02:20 AM Re: MultiPing - Save graphics [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pete,

Many thanks for the quick response. I've always been a bit nervous about using beta software on live systems, so I think I'll decline your very kind offer fior the time being. Also the ability to view the image is something of a "nice to have" rather than a neccisity - particularly as multiping should emaiul me if anything goes wrong!

Mabybe I'll look out for the next version of PingPlotter Pro when it comes out of beta - any idea when thats likely to be ??

rgds
Jim Heck

#1912 - 08/17/07 01:57 PM Re: MultiPing - Save graphics
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The PingPlotter Pro release is imminent. We're fighting some challenges in a third party component that we use (from a company who recently sold to another company, which leaves us with a number challenges), which makes the release date a bit of an unknown, though.

- Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod