Topic Options
#1736 - 09/22/06 05:12 PM Moving a license
Rich Offline

Is there instructions on how to delete a license from one machine and move it to another machine. In a couple of months I will be retiring the box that has a license on it and I want to transfer that license to the replacement machine.

What is the process to do this?

Thanks,

Rich

#1737 - 09/22/06 05:20 PM Re: Moving a license [Re: Rich]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Our products don't do license count enforcement - we trust our users to only use as many licenses as they've bought. This means that you just need to install it on the new machine and everything will work fine. Since you're retiring the old machine, you'll be in compliance with the license agreement.

If you're going to be giving your old machine away (without formatting the hard drive and/or reinstalling Windows) and need instructions on how to remove the license from the old machine, please email support@nessoft.com and we'll send you a file that can clean up your license keys from the old machine.

Best wishes,
Pete

#1738 - 09/22/06 05:41 PM Re: Moving a license [Re: Pete Ness]
Rich Offline

Pete,

Thanks for responding. Actually we are retiring it in terms of running MultiPing, but it will still be used. Can I simply uninstall MultiPing on that box to effective do the same thing; if that isn't complete enough, I will run the program that you noted.

Thanks,

Rich

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod