Topic Options
#1648 - 05/30/06 03:52 PM Remote Agent
Dave Offline

I have setup a remote agent running on a Win2K3 Server. I was able to test that the agent was responding from the Pinplotter Pro machine by going to http://10.x.x.x:7465

I get the following response which is normal:

PingPlotter Pro Remote Windows Agent V0.8.0.51

Tracing to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Must specify an IP Address

I enabled the remote agent support and setup the server under options according to the instructions posted on your website.

When I try to complete a remote trace using pingplotter with the agent host, I get no results. (Please see attached screenshot) Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments
1662-pingplotter.GIF

#1649 - 05/30/06 06:11 PM Re: Remote Agent [Re: Dave]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi, Dave.

First, you should make sure you're running the latest betas of everything. The latest agent is 0.8.1.16 - that shouldn't be a big factor in the problems you're having, but we did fix some problems in PingPlotter Pro since the remote agent 0.8.0.51 was released, so maybe you're running an older beta of PingPlotter Pro as well?

Next, make sure the URL for the remote agent is right - particularly if you're running anything before beta 9. We fixed some issues with the way it parses the URL - particularly if you leave off the trailing / in the agent (a missing trailing / in beta 7 would cause problems similar to what you're seeing - that is no longer an issue in the latest, though).

If you're already running beta 9 and you're still having problems, send us a message initiated from the PingPlotter Pro help menu - as it sends a bunch of extra information to us, like your settings and error logs. Do this by going to Help -> Email PingPlotter Support... We can respond back on the message boards here (with any private information removed, of course).

- Pete

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod