Topic Options
#1487 - 09/21/05 12:14 PM Data Sharing between MultPping and Ping Plotter
Tom Rutherford Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
A useful enhancement would be allowing Ping Plotter to display data already gathered by MiltiPing.

I keep MultiPing running on my desktop to give me an overview of network performance. When I see an issue I fire up PingPlotter to analyze in detail. Unfortunately sometimes the problem has changed or disappeared before Ping Plotter has gathered enough data to tell me much.

It would be very useful if Ping Plotter could read and display detail of the data that Multiping had already gathered.

There would have to be some configurtion controls within Multiping to control how much data it is gathering, as the detail necessary for this would not be useful in all cases.

Tom

#1488 - 09/21/05 01:02 PM Re: Data Sharing between MultPping and Ping Plotter [Re: Tom Rutherford]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
This is currently the way MultiPing and PingPlotter work together, although MultiPing doesn't collect data in any greater detail than it displays.

When you find a problem in MultiPing, you can right-click on that hop and "Send data to PingPlotter". PingPlotter will open and you can resume tracing from there. The final destination latencies from MultiPing will be included and tracing will start at the point you moved the data over to PingPlotter.

Is that what you have in mind?

#1489 - 09/28/05 03:25 AM Re: Data Sharing between MultPping and Ping Plotter [Re: Pete Ness]
Jimmy E. Frederiksen Offline

Another thing that would be nice is to open more PingPlotter from MultiPing. If I've have started a PingPlotter session from MultiPing and want to start a new one I can only change the current one. Would be a great feature if I just could open another PingPlotter session.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod