Topic Options
#1083 - 02/27/04 10:01 PM PingPlotter v1.10 install problem
LSXP Offline

I have tried to install the free version on my XP(HE) and it will not install. I have downloaded it 2x. Displays no errors, just has the install windows displayed. Will not proceed to Next nor will it Cancel, I have to use Task Manager to abort.
I have screenprints and the temp files it leaves in a saved folder, if needed.
I have even disconnected from network and diabled AV/AT and firewall prior to starting install. Same results.
Thanks for any help!

#1084 - 02/28/04 07:46 PM Re: PingPlotter v1.10 install problem [Re: LSXP]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi.

This isn't a problem we've heard about before. Does this happen on the trial version *and* the freeware version?

Try downloading the trial version from http://www.pingplotter.com/downloads/pngplt_2.exe and see if that works any different than the freeware version.

If this doesn't work, try using a zip utility (like Winzip), and opening the pngplt_1.exe file with that. Manually extract the following files to c:\Program Files\Ping Plotter Freeware":

Pingplotter.exe
Pingplotter.hlp
Pingplotter.ini
History.txt

You'll have to create your own shortcuts, and you won't have an uninstaller with this method, but you should be able to get it going.

Let us know if you do / don't get this working.

Thanks!

#1085 - 02/28/04 10:42 PM Re: PingPlotter v1.10 install problem [Re: Pete Ness]
LSXP Offline

Pete,
I will try the method you suggest. Others I know have downloaded and installed the same file with no problems. Thank you for responding.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod