Topic Options
#1055 - 01/16/04 04:07 PM Hang/Crash when using scrollbars
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm using MultiPing 1.0. A lot of times the application hangs when I try to use the scrollbar on the bottom section (the graphs). I click, the app hangs. I have to use task manager to kill the process.

#1056 - 01/16/04 05:40 PM Re: Hang/Crash when using scrollbars
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
This is the first we've heard of this problem, so a bit of troubleshooting information would help.

First off, what operating system are you using?

Next, can you send a copy of the workspace as it sits when it causes problems (ie: save your workspace and send us the resultant file). Also, please send your MultiPing.ini file. Send these files to support@multiping.com and we'll have a look at them and then post back here.

Thanks,
Pete

#1057 - 03/26/04 12:21 PM Re: Hang/Crash when using scrollbars [Re: Pete Ness]
abrown Offline

I've seen this problem as well. You should be able to replicate it by doing the following:

Open Multiping and add enough hosts that a scrollbar appears for the graphs. Then, rather than grabbing the scroll bar and moving it down, click in the shaded area under the scrollbar. This should cause the scroll bar to move down one "page" width, but every time I do it, it hangs the program. This happens with Multiping 1.01 as well.

#1058 - 04/25/04 10:56 PM Re: Hang/Crash when using scrollbars
Pete Ness Offline

We're still unable to reproducing this here, so any additional information from anyone having this same problem would be helpful. You can either post here, or email beta@multiping.com.

Thanks!

#1059 - 06/17/04 11:25 AM Re: Hang/Crash when using scrollbars [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are also having this issue, his duplication instructions are perfect. On our win2k box that will trigger a crash without fail.

#1060 - 06/17/04 11:35 AM Re: Hang/Crash when using scrollbars
Pete Ness Offline

Thanks for the verification.

We've tried this on numerous machines, with no success on duplicating, and the problem is such that there is no obvious area where we might do a "trial fix".

Would you be willing to have a dialog with us (via email, or possibly via phone) to help us identify what variable exists in your system that doesn't exist in the ones we're testing on? If so, can you please send an email to [email]support@nessoft.com?[/email]

Thanks,
Pete

#1061 - 07/07/04 02:01 AM Re: Hang/Crash when using scrollbars
Pete Ness Offline

This problem has been fixed in the 1.01.2 release, now available for download.

Just as a note, the challenge in tracking down this problem is that is only happened on computers that had been running for 25 days or more.

Thanks to everyone who helped us get to the bottom of the problem.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod