Creating a Unified Write Filter exclusion for CloudConnect Agents
How do I deploy a CloudConnect Agent to a device using Windows’ Unified Write Filter (UWF) feature?
Deploying a CloudConnect Agent on a device with UWF enabled requires adding specific folders to the UWF exclusion list.
To add the Agent to the exclusion list”
- Log into the device as an Administrator
- Open the Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and execute the following commands:
uwfmgr.exe file add-exclusion "%programdata%\PingPlotter 5"
uwfmgr.exe file add-exclusion "%localappdata%\PingPlotter 5"
uwfmgr.exe file add-exclusion "C:\Program Files (x86)\PingPlotter 5"
- Restart the device
If you need to create exclusions for multiple devices, it is possible to create a batch file with these commands to bulk-add exclusions. Instructions can be found here.
- UWF with Windows 10 Enterprise / Education
- UWF with Windows IoT Core
- UWF Exclusions
- uwf.exe commands
- Exclusions examples in Dell Wyse Windows 10 IoT
- Install UWF on a customized Windows image