Topic Options
#3970 - 09/24/22 05:20 AM Hardcore packet loss on hop 7
tdpz Offline

First and foremost, thank you very much for taking time out of your day for this. I have no clue what could be causing this issue and I've got a couple friends that have worked for major service providers as technicians and they've got no clue what's going on either. One of them pointed me here, so here I am on my knees pleading: please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It doesn't look similar enough to any of the graphs from the "interpreting results" section on the pingplotter website, but from what I gather I just need to grill my ISP about it until I get somewhere or just continue to suffer with awful packet loss. Again, thank you so much.

Attachments
pingman.PNG (47 downloads)

#3972 - 09/28/22 07:05 PM Re: Hardcore packet loss on hop 7 [Re: tdpz]
TJM Offline

Hey Tdpz,

Thanks for reaching out!

Based on the screenshot in your post, it looks like this issue is originating at the second hop (your ISP) as you have already suspected. Considering this I suggest sharing this, and any other data you have collected representing this issue, with your ISP to work with them in fixing this issue.

If you haven't already I suggest checking out the article we have on building a case with your ISP:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/build-a-case.html

If this leaves you with any other questions let us know!

Best of luck,
-TJ

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod