Topic Options
#3635 - 04/07/20 03:20 PM High lag spikes and latency on all servers
Beast Offline

Hello Service Team Member,

To start, I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and help correct this. I have included the information I believe you should need to help diagnose the issue. Please let me know if you need more information.
1. CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: GTX 1060
RAM: 16 GB
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
2. Ping Plotter Professional: Version 5.15.7.7509
3. I only use the base windows firewall and ant virus software. And my router is the ariss TG1682G.
4. I ran ping plotter for a few minutes and I will have my
PP2 file connected on this.
5. I have been having weird high latency and packet loss for the past week or so and I want to get it fixed, I don’t believe I did any large adjustments that would offset the ping this bad. I have tried multiple Ethernet cords which I plug from the router directly into my PC and still get the same results. In this current program, I have targeted google.com but let me know if I should try a different website.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments
www.google.com.pp2 (252 downloads)

#3636 - 04/07/20 04:42 PM Re: High lag spikes and latency on all servers [Re: Beast]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey Beast,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I took a look at the data you sent, and it does look like your router might be dropping packets. A way to verify this is to issue a trace directly to 2600:8800:147f:ffff::1111 and to see if there are dropped packets in that as well - but I am willing to bet there will be.

It sounds like you've already wired in, and this has been isolated from being a WiFi issue. If the issues persist when you're wired in, there's likely an issue with the router hardware or software - you may want to give it a reboot, and then a factory reset if the reboot didn't help. Factory resets can help if there are settings that are out of whack - it just gives you a "fresh" look to make sure you've done everything possible before buying a new router. If it still hasn't cleared up - you may need some new equipment.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod