Huge amount of data in email

Posted by: Blue-yu

Huge amount of data in email - 09/13/10 04:55 AM

Hello,

From time to time I receive very huge amount of unwanted data from multiping in my email box. Normal amount of data is 2-3kb, but sometimes I receive 2000kb of data. That email contains just a fragment of ping time out, and everything else is ok ping. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanx...
Posted by: Pete Ness

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 09/13/10 05:00 AM

What version of MultiPing are you using? 2.10.1 had a bug in this that was fixed with 2.10.2...

http://www.nessoft.com/multiping/download.html

Check the release notes for details.

- Pete

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 09/13/10 04:20 PM

The problem is that I am already using 2.10.2 frown I know about the bug in 2.10.1, but obviously the problem still remains.

Solution?

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 09/13/10 04:25 PM

Can you forward an example of a big email and a small email to support@nessoft.com? Also, please send a copy of your MultiPing.ini and Alerts.ini file so we can look at your alert settings.

Thanks,
Pete

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 09/14/10 02:54 AM

As I remember, this is an upgrade from previous version. Maybe this is the problem. Anyhow, I send You an email with the requested files. You will also see big eml file with last 48 hours of unwanted data. Hope that You will figure it out...

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 02/19/12 01:22 PM

Hello,

I am still struggling with this problem. Is it possible to overcome this. From time to time i receive a couple of MB to my inbox in plain text!

I will send you anything that you need, just to overcome the problem.

I have brand new installation with new settings, but problem remains frown

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 02/27/12 10:39 PM

We have this issue marked as solved, but have not released the version that fixes it yet. We're currently in the midst of pushing out a PingPlotter release (within the next week or two), and hope to follow up with MultiPing within a couple of weeks of that.

Please get in touch with us via email if you'd like a prerelease.

Thanks,
Pete

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 11/25/14 05:21 AM

Hello again,

You still didn't solve this problem. I just purchased new version, and found out that problem still persist. 2.2MB and 1.5MB emails in my inbox this morning frown

Solution?
Posted by: Gary

Re: Huge amount of data in email - 11/26/14 03:08 PM

Hello!

We've been working on trying to recreate this issue here in the office - but haven't had any success so far.

Would you possibly be able to send in a support ticket directly from MultiPing ("Help" -> "Email Nessoft Support")? This will help us get a better look at your alert configuration so we can dig into this issue a bit deeper.

Let us know, and we'll keep investigating!

Best wishes,

-Gary