Default location for saving sample sets

Posted by: Marc_Kupper

Default location for saving sample sets - 07/11/00 07:27 PM

When I select File \ Save Sample Set it defaults to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT. I would prefer that it default to C:\Program Files\PingPlotter and perhaps even to remember the default storage locations for PPS and LOG files.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Pete Ness

Re: Default location for saving sample sets - 07/11/00 07:33 PM

It's *supposed* to use the path in your Ping Plotter shortcut to save things. Check your shortcut to see what path is htere - and if it's not working right let me know. In previous versions, it forced it to be the path of the program - which is kind of a pain too - I'm trying to work it in a way that doesn't require a setup option...<br><br>
Posted by: Marc_Kupper

Re: Default location for saving sample sets - 07/11/00 08:59 PM

Thank you Pete. My shortcut had nothing in the "Default Directory" field. The shortcut was created by the 2.03 installer.<br><br>I did some testing and it looks like when the "default directory" field is blank in a shortcut that it launches applications in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT on my system.<br><br>I hunted around but did not see an obvious way around this nor a way to detect that you were launched via a shortcut and if so, which one. You are right - it looks like a pain to deal with gracefully!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: angusm

Re: Default location for saving sample sets - 07/14/00 04:31 PM

Why not default to the last used value for these paths (recorded in, say, the INI file or the registry)? <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Default location for saving sample sets - 08/20/00 05:08 PM

I'm not positive.. but it seems to default to the last directory saved to. There needs to be .ini setting for the path to 1) data 2) text 3) graphics. I am constantly sorting files created by PP into these three folders manually.<br><br>engineer@edwinn.com<br><br><br>
Posted by: edbasart

Re: Default location for saving sample sets - 01/12/01 12:36 PM

I violently disagree. I do not want data files comingled with my applications. When I build up a PC, I want to first save away all the files, install software, then restore files. Mixing pingplotter samples with the application is a maintenance headache. I prefer the default to be anywhere by the pingplotter folder. Of course a settable option is best for everyone.<br><br>