is empty.

Please fix it.

CU
Jörg
Posted by: Hayla

Re: Latency graph - 06/14/18 12:32 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We haven't quite seen this issue with our new release - we'd love it if you could contact support directly so we can get some more details. You can do this via Help -> Email PingPotter Support. Make sure you include a screenshot in the ticket - we'll investigate that and let you know what's going on!
Posted by: jprc

Re: Latency graph - 08/14/18 02:50 AM

The opening message says "since the update to Release 5.5.12.4477 the Latency graph is empty.", without more explanations.
I wonder if it is not the same issue...

I use a registered standard version (5.5.14.4908). As I track daily a network issue with my ISP for some weeks now, I just discovered that the image taken ("Save Image...") and sent daily to my ISP does not show any more the latency graph on the right

Before, I had (image saved 08 August):

Now, and for the last 3 days (i.e. PingPlotter closed and opened several times), PingPlotter always produces an image with part of info missing/blank :

As you can see, it is truncated after the column "mini", and the right part is empty...
For what I recall, I have not changed the layout nor configuration of ping-plotter. I could not find either an option saying something equivalent to "don't print this part".

Of course, I can still see everything in PingPlotter : here is what I see right now, and the truncated image above was directly generated from the view below where all columns and graphs are fully visible:

Ideas/suggestions are welcome... and sorry for my pidgin English.
Posted by: Hayla

Re: Latency graph - 08/16/18 05:09 PM

Hey there!

So this is really weird. I haven't seen this before. Can you please head to Help -> Email PingPlotter Support? Let us know you wrote in on a forum - I will see that come through and try to help out.

Re: Latency graph - 08/17/18 04:27 AM

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have just sent a ticket from within PingPlotter (20180817, 10h20 utc+2), Ticket ID: [YGU-32167-512] , with this url for the screenshots and added explanations.

Exactly at the same time I was writing the support request in PingPlotter, I had it running, then stopped. Here is what I have in front of me :

From this view, I generated an image (File / Save Image ...), and it confirms that the issue is still present :

It is not an urgent issue, as I simply crop in Paint the "printscreen" I take, et voila, it is my old-fashion generated image. Not as sharp and clean as the internally generated png, but it always works.

I hope that the internal report gave them enough technical data for detecting what is internally happening...
I am curious about what it could be ...
Let's see.

Re: Latency graph - 09/12/18 06:32 AM

My last message (above) is from mid-August.
But, if any one reads this thread and perhaps thinks that it felt into Oblivion, I can assure you that Pingman's support has been directly in touch with me countless times via emails.
They have really not spared their efforts for understanding and reproducing the issue.
Unfortunately, they could not reproduce the blank generation (ex.: Columns and right graph blank )

But, as we went through several steps for tracing and understanding, it seems that we were able somehow to clean/readjust something, and suppress the issue as I have not experienced this generating problem since then.

With my pidgin English, I summarise here the various things we discovered on our bumpy road.

1- It is better to use the custom built version found into your account page (Pingman Tools License Summary)

2- After downloading the executable and BEFORE installing PingPlotter, right-click on the filename, and check the properties, general tab

Depending on your security level, your system can lock it as it is an executable (*.exe) produced on another computer:
UNBLOCK it.

3- Better to install using Administrator Rights

4- After installation, be sure that nothing conflicted, such as an old installation (it was a large part of my problems ...).
> Even after uninstalling an old old PingPlotter (version 3), some data was probably left behind.
> I also used for a short while the latest version 5 trial version for evaluating my needs for a new PP
When running PP, check "Help", "Show Welcome Splash...". Even after installing a customised licensed version, I still had a trial version. And expired for making it worst...

If you get the left image, force the activation, re-enter your license data.
If you have the right images, it is almost ok, but in case of doubt I think it won't arm if you force the activation again as it can force and refresh the overwrite of a background file/registry (just my guess).

5- In my case, PP5 also stopped the generating issue for a while, as I was by playing around with the column display

Refreshing the display, selecting/deselecting the columns. I guess it forced and cleaned up something in my corrupted environment. As I use a W10 Mirroring system on 2 4tb HDD, and it tends to desynchronise when it rains, I also wonder if this Window's mirroring system does not have some glitches... any ways ...

6- I am sure there is a 6th possible cause for the generating image issue ... but undiscovered yet ...

However, very pleased by the fast, personalised and competent responses by support, and it was absolutely NOT like this :