Topic Options
#417 - 01/28/01 10:03 AM Missing last hop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,<br><br>I have an enquire here. I'm running a ping plotter to several sites. For example, a tracert to yahoo is about19 hop. In the log file, it shows 18 hop results too. But after some time, the last hop will be missing. The ping plotter produces results till 17 hops only. This happens to many sites. Is there a way to solve this problem? And what's the cause of it?<br><br>

#418 - 01/28/01 12:53 PM Re: Missing last hop
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
What version are you running? Are you seeing route changes?<br><br>In versions before 2.20, route changes weren't handled, so if a route shortened for some reason, it would just not show the final hop (even though a route change was completely valid - and the new route shows the final hop).<br><br>If you're using version 2.20 or later, then I'd be interested in looking at your PP2 file so I can understand what's creating the problem. Is the final destination there?<br><br>

#419 - 01/28/01 08:46 PM Re: Missing last hop [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,<br><br>I'm running ping plotter version 2.03. Maybe that's why I have this problem. Yah....u're right. I noticed that that happens when there's a server outages. Thanks alot. However I have another enquiry.<br>I'm currently running version 2.2 and from the log there's a n/a in the log which I never see it in the older version. May I know what's the cause of it? Thanks for ur help<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod