Topic Options
#219 - 07/11/00 07:27 PM Default location for saving sample sets
Marc_Kupper Offline

Loc: California
When I select File \ Save Sample Set it defaults to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT. I would prefer that it default to C:\Program Files\PingPlotter and perhaps even to remember the default storage locations for PPS and LOG files.<br><br><br>

#220 - 07/11/00 07:33 PM Re: Default location for saving sample sets [Re: Marc_Kupper]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
It's *supposed* to use the path in your Ping Plotter shortcut to save things. Check your shortcut to see what path is htere - and if it's not working right let me know. In previous versions, it forced it to be the path of the program - which is kind of a pain too - I'm trying to work it in a way that doesn't require a setup option...<br><br>

#221 - 07/11/00 08:59 PM Re: Default location for saving sample sets [Re: Pete Ness]
Marc_Kupper Offline

Loc: California
Thank you Pete. My shortcut had nothing in the "Default Directory" field. The shortcut was created by the 2.03 installer.<br><br>I did some testing and it looks like when the "default directory" field is blank in a shortcut that it launches applications in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT on my system.<br><br>I hunted around but did not see an obvious way around this nor a way to detect that you were launched via a shortcut and if so, which one. You are right - it looks like a pain to deal with gracefully!<br><br><br><br>

#222 - 07/14/00 04:31 PM Re: Default location for saving sample sets [Re: Pete Ness]
angusm Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Why not default to the last used value for these paths (recorded in, say, the INI file or the registry)? <br><br>

#223 - 08/20/00 05:08 PM Re: Default location for saving sample sets [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not positive.. but it seems to default to the last directory saved to. There needs to be .ini setting for the path to 1) data 2) text 3) graphics. I am constantly sorting files created by PP into these three folders manually.<br><br>engineer@edwinn.com<br><br><br>

#224 - 01/12/01 12:36 PM Re: Default location for saving sample sets [Re: Marc_Kupper]
edbasart Offline

I violently disagree. I do not want data files comingled with my applications. When I build up a PC, I want to first save away all the files, install software, then restore files. Mixing pingplotter samples with the application is a maintenance headache. I prefer the default to be anywhere by the pingplotter folder. Of course a settable option is best for everyone.<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod