Topic Options
#138 - 04/21/00 11:52 AM BUG - Beta 2 - Last hop duplicated
jbrunette Offline

Here's what appears to be strictly a "cosmetic" bug...<br><br>When Ping Plotter reaches the last hop of a trace, it continues the trace, adding the last hop as another hop again and again, until the next pass starts. It then clears out those additional hops during the next pass (except for one occasionally, which is cleared at the *next* pass).<br><br>You may not see this if your "Time interval between hop traces" is high enough and the route your tracing is long enough...as the next pass may have already started before the last hop was reached. Ping Plotter stops adding duplicate last-hops once the next pass has started.<br><br>A good way to duplicate this is to trace the localhost address, 127.0.0.1 (which is your own machine).<br><br>

#139 - 04/21/00 11:55 AM Re: BUG - Beta 2 - Last hop duplicated [Re: jbrunette]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
I found this one earlier today. It only happens when you trace with an IP address, and doesn't when you trace with a name (which is why this one slipped through - I usually use a name to trace).<br><br>Thanks for the report!<br><br><br>

#140 - 04/21/00 12:01 PM Re: BUG - Beta 2 - Last hop duplicated [Re: Pete Ness]
jbrunette Offline

Actually, it happens when tracing domain names and IP addresses alike for me.<br><br>

#141 - 04/21/00 12:10 PM Re: BUG - Beta 2 - Last hop duplicated [Re: jbrunette]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Dang. You're right. It doesn't happen with the first address you trace to, but does for additional addresses after that.<br><br>I'm considering putting out a quick beta 3 - that fixes this bug - as it's kind of annoying... (to me at least).<br><br>Added: Beta 3 has been released and is ready to go. Sorry to those that downloaded beta 2 already!<br><br>

#142 - 04/21/00 01:08 PM Re: BUG - Beta 2 - Last hop duplicated [Re: Pete Ness]
jbrunette Offline

Thanks for the quick release of Beta 3! This bug is squashed. :-)<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod