Topic Options
#49 - 02/25/99 11:32 AM email notifications
IDR Offline

I am thinking of using PP to keep our ISP informed of their service disruptions. <br><br>Would it be possible to include the URL that is being monitored in the email subject line?<br><br>Even further, would it be possible to append a signature file? This could contain a request for them to contact me to discuss it further.<br><br>S<br><p>

#50 - 02/25/99 12:28 PM Re: email notifications [Re: IDR]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Good suggestions.<br><br>How would it work if the alert setup specified that Subject line AND a signature line? Maybe it could then do some kind of substitution for the Destination (Subject could be "Timeout failure at %s" and %s would substitute in the DNS name of the IP that you were monitoring for failure).<br><br>Keep in mind that the final destination you're tracing to might not always be the IP you're monitoring for alerts - so you may not want it to actually report the trace destination...<br><br>I'll make sure this makes it onto the "to do" list.<p>

#51 - 02/26/99 09:18 AM Re: email notifications [Re: Pete Ness]
IDR Offline

> How would it work if the alert setup specified that Subject line AND a <br>> signature line? <br><br>The .sig would be added to the end of the message that PP generated and could be multiple lines.<br><br>I like the substitution idea.<br><p>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod