Topic Options
#4045 - 02/22/24 01:59 PM Internet problem
Danzan Offline

Hello

I have a problem with the internet and actually with packet loss. I have been using pingplotter and connecting to different servers and it seems that I am losing these packets but the ISP said that the packet loss is minimal. I have also checked all the RJ45 cables and they are fine. Please feel free to interpret the results. The first picture is from connecting the computer directly to the modem and the second is directly to the router.

[url=]https://share.pingplotter.com/DByt4m14VXE[/url]

[url=]https://share.pingplotter.com/V9F28Yt7CKt[/url]

#4048 - 02/26/24 11:40 AM Re: Internet problem [Re: Danzan]
Tyson Offline

Hi Danzan,

Thanks for sharing your PingPlotter data.

So far it looks like everything appears to be running optimally. In both cases you've got an average packet loss of ~14ms, which is a really good connection!

The packet loss you're seeing at some of the intermediate hops is most likely because those devices are configured to down-prioritize ICMP traffic with an expired TTL value. You can read more about this here.

When do you notice Internet issues? When you're gaming/streaming? What you want to look for is packet loss at the final destination, Google in your case, when you notice issues. Once you see packet loss there, then you work your way back through the route to see if you can identify where that was first introduced. Here's a video that demonstrates this process: Analyzing PingPlotter Data.

Feel free to post more PingPlotter data if you'd like!

#4051 - 02/27/24 02:31 PM Re: Internet problem [Re: Tyson]
Danzan Offline

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I was worried about hop 1 and hop 3 because of the high percentage of PL and red bars. I thought it was some kind of problem with the router or my ISP but since you say the important thing is the ending and there is nothing there I am a little relieved. I noticed the internet problems while gaming. There is a random spike in ping from 50-60 ms to 100-120 lasts 30 seconds and then goes back to normal. It is a bit annoying when such a situation occurs a couple of times in a row. I just thought it was the fault of these values from hop 1 and 3. I also wrote to the game support and they are checking the topic. It is possible that it is a problem with the game servers.

Greetings

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod