Topic Options
#3990 - 03/06/23 11:35 PM Packet loss
10x069 Offline

[img:left]https://postimg.cc/N2B4fQKY[/img]
Have this packet loss for about a month and it doesn't go away, any feedback appreciated!

#3991 - 03/08/23 06:00 PM Re: Packet loss [Re: 10x069]
Sean B. Offline

Originally Posted By: 10x069
[img:left]https://postimg.cc/N2B4fQKY[/img]
Have this packet loss for about a month and it doesn't go away, any feedback appreciated!

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for the post. I took a look at the screenshot and from this one sample it's tough to say where the packet loss is starting. The packet loss at Hop 1 isn't carry through to the other Hops at least from the screenshot. It appears as though it begins on Hop 4 which may be part of your ISP's network.

Again, it's tough to say on this one sample. I would recommend trying a few different targets (such as google DNS 8.8.8.8) and get a variety of sample sets.

If you want you can post that data or share the actual sample file through PingPlotter. You can do this by going to File > Export Sample Set (PP2)... This will let me put the data into my own PingPlotter and view it in a variety of different ways.

I would also encourage you to submit all this to us at support@pingman.com.

Let me know if you have other questions or need anything else.

Thank you,

PingPlotter | Technical Support Engineer

#3992 - 03/08/23 11:00 PM Re: Packet loss [Re: Sean B.]
10x069 Offline

This actually doesn't depend on the type of site Im on, it just periodically giving me ping spikes everywhere(Games and any other stuff)

#3993 - 03/10/23 07:08 PM Re: Packet loss [Re: 10x069]
Sean B. Offline

Well if the data is relatively similar, then in the screenshot you provided, Hop 1 (your router) is having packet loss which may (or may not) be affecting your end destination. That would point to your own router having some sort of issue that is affecting your online experience. Generally, it may not be different but the goal is to find a pattern through PingPlotter so you can work towards a solution or have an understanding of a particular pattern.

This is why I recommend having multiple data samples from different targets because if you see a pattern emerge then you know where to start looking for potential fixes. If you're seeing the same pattern, then I would recommend trying some basic troubleshooting methods on your own router.

There are a good number of guides out there for basic troubleshooting methods for routers.

I've linked our own guide on this for you: https://www.pingplotter.com/node/2531

If you want to share other target data you're more than welcome to post here or to our support page (support@pingman.com).

Thank you,

PingPlotter | Technical Support Engineer

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod