Topic Options
#3897 - 12/15/21 04:29 PM Significant packet loss starting at modem, affecting only one device
sh1ro Offline

Hi all,

So I'm trying to figure out why I'm experiencing some pretty heavy packet loss within the past few days that seems to be affecting only my desktop PC. I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 Wi-Fi Router with DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem, that is roughly 10 feet away from my desktop PC. My PC has an ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E motherboard with an Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adapter. Speedtest results average around 650Mbps down/25Mbps up. I'm not really sure what to do here. I have reset my modem-router, updated my wifi driver, made sure connections were good.

Here is a trace to a videogame server (Valve Matchmaking Server (Virginia srcds1155-iad2 #4) 162.254.192.147);

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#3899 - 12/20/21 04:20 PM Re: Significant packet loss starting at modem, affecting only one device [Re: sh1ro]
Poe Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Hi sh1ro,

Thanks for writing into the forum!

From your screenshot, it looks like this may be an issue that's outside of your network since there are no issues on hope #8 but packet loss shows from hop #9 all the way to the final hop. That said, it's pretty hard to tell that much from just a single screenshot.

You could try tracing to the IP address of your local NIC as well as the IP of your Router to see what kind of results you get. I'd also suggest tracing to a reference address like Google DNS (8.8.8.8) or Cloud Flare (1.1.1.1) at the same time.

If you can create a Share Page (File -> Share -> Create Share Page) and then send the URL to support@pingman.com I'd be happy to take a closer look and let you know what I see.

Let me know if this leaves you with any questions!

Thanks,

-Poe

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod