Topic Options
#3127 - 07/24/17 03:13 AM (PPpro) Can i set an alert for when my latency is under a certain amount for a set period of time?
RuckeySquad Offline

Hello, I was just wondering, is there a way to set an alert that goes off if my latency is under a set amount?

The reason i'm asking is because where I live, I have a very unreliable ISP, so I've been using the software to track and notify me about my connection quality

(for an example, for stable days, my latency bumps around the 600-800 range, on bad days.... well actually I haven't had a bad day yet since I installed the software (yesterday), but given my experiences with it(the unstable wifi), it would probably have a considerable amount of packet loss, or huge latency spikes (once i have an unstable day i'll measure the amount and adjust the unstable alert i have made accordingly)

so I was wondering if I can set an alarm to go off(in the sense of sound and desktop notification when my Internet is within the range that I have determined to be stable for about 8 or so minutes of the chart

sorry if this is a silly question, the software has been really useful so far in measuring my internets stability.

(oh and right now i'm using the pingplotter pro free trial)

Edited by RuckeySquad (07/24/17 03:14 AM)

#3128 - 07/24/17 05:23 PM Re: (PPpro) Can i set an alert for when my latency is under a certain amount for a set period of time? [Re: RuckeySquad]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch!

PingPlotter doesn't have a built in alert that would notify when the latency on a target is *under* a certain threshold (sorry!). This is an interesting idea, though - and I can see how a feature like this could prove useful in some situations (like the one you've outlined here). I'll get an enhancement request logged for this, and forwarded on to our team for review.

In the meantime, you may be able to get something *close* to what you're after with PingPlotter's existing alert setup. You could set up an alert that is configured to look for your common "undesirable" connection (whatever the typical latency is when things are "unstable") - and then set the "notify" field to "when alert conditions end (leaves alert state)."

Hopefully this helps out. If you have any questions, or if there's anything else we can do to help out - just let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#3129 - 07/24/17 06:13 PM Re: (PPpro) Can i set an alert for when my latency is under a certain amount for a set period of time? [Re: Gary]
RuckeySquad Offline

I'll have to try that.

Thanks gary!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod