Topic Options
#263 - 09/08/00 09:03 PM Interpreting graphs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I downloaded Ping Plotter a few days ago and it's very impressive. Maybe I didn't RTFM enough, but I can't figure out from what I read in the help file what a couple of things mean in the graphs.<br><br>First, what does it mean when the "hop" column color is white and the "avg" and "current" are 0 for that hop?<br><br>Second, sometimes the trace doesn't complete - that is, it doesn't reach the target IP address. Then I get a grey bar in the timeline display - not black or red. What does grey mean as opposed to red?<br><br>I can send you screen caps if needed.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

#264 - 09/10/00 11:42 PM Re: Interpreting graphs
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Having a white hop means that hop has not responded in the number of samples defined by "Samples to include". If there's no IP in that hop at all, that means the hop has never responded - if there is an IP, then it has responded at least once, but not in the time window you've specified in "Samples to include".<br><br>As for the grey bar, this means that no data was sent to that hop during the time period it's grey. This is easily reproduced by hitting the stop button, waiting a while, then resuming. It can also happen, though, if the route changes - any new hops in the route have grey instead of red (because they didn't timeout, or respond - they just didn't exist in the route during that "grey" period).<br><br>Hope that helps. Feel free to e-mail me some graphs (or post them and link to a message here) if you want more clarification.<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod