Topic Options
#2982 - 12/24/16 08:01 PM Network saturation?
Fellow76 Offline

Loc: Finland
Hello

I have been dealing with sudden latency spikes on my net connection that is causing some packet loss at the same time. Problem started at 23.11.2016.

After the packet loss started to happen I have connected my ISP saying there is problem with my net. Giving them even IP addresses that are causing the problem.

They have replied that everything is ok.

So my question is Is this just a server/node saturation issue?

Fixing the pick to be visible.

Edited by Fellow76 (12/24/16 08:02 PM)

#2984 - 12/27/16 01:39 PM Re: Network saturation? [Re: Fellow76]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hey Fellow,

Thanks for getting in touch - sorry you're having to deal with these latency spikes.

From what I can see in the screenshot you've provided, it looks like there's a bit of packet loss happening pretty early in the route that *appears* to be carrying through your route to the final destination. It's tough to tell for certain what the culprit here may be with the limited amount of data we have, though. If you'd like - feel free to send over a pp2 file, or share your results via the "File" -> "Share" option in PingPlotter, and we'd be happy to take a closer look!

In the meantime, your next steps here should be to eliminate any variables (that you have control over) to see if the culprit in this issue may be something inside your network. One step to take may be to disconnect anything from your network that is actively using a connection, and then start plugging things back in (one at a time) to see if you can identify anything that may be contributing to your problem (and be sure to do this while still tracing with PingPlotter, so you can see any changes in your results!).

We've got a guide that goes over some strategies and best practices to employ when troubleshooting an issue like this one, which may be of some help to you here:

https://www.pingman.com/network-nirvana/

If you have any questions, or if you find yourself needing any other assistance - please let us know.

Best wishes,

-Gary

#2989 - 12/28/16 07:35 PM Re: Network saturation? [Re: Gary]
Fellow76 Offline

Loc: Finland
Hello Gary

I have tried everything that I can think of from my end when trying to determine the problem.

I have done
-Reseted modem/router
-Checked for latest firmware for my modem/router. No updates.
-Checked the signal quality is ok.
-Contacted the modem and LTE stick maker if it's possible that my equipment have failed.(same company on both of them)
-Disconnected all but my pc from modem.
-I'am on LTE connection to web so sticked the LTE stick solely to my pc.
-Locked the LTE to certain frequency.
-Tried only 3G connection.
-Bought public IP. My iSP shares the IP to bunch off users cause reasons.
-I run NetWorx This program to monitor my network data usage on my pc. There is no relation to the outgoing/received data and latency/packet loss. Meaning when only pingplotter running there are still latency issues.

None of the above have helped in the issue.

What I can see with IP geolocation services are that my ISP runs the hops 3-6 where the hop 3 is the issue. And some time the hop 3 hits the latency causing packet loss and it only affects the hops4,5 and 6.

My ISP told me that the connecting tower has received more users but it's not near to its limits.

The connection seems to be getting better not so much latency/ packet loss issue. But when gaming it starts doing it again.

I will send some data when the issue started and what it was on worst time. Also the shared info too.

One thing. Where to send the info to the support email? Will send it there hoping it's the right place.

Should have connect you sooner in this matter.

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod