Topic Options
#504 - 04/13/01 12:44 PM DNS lookup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pingplotter worked perfectly... until I purchased a license that is. Now, with increasing frequency, Pingplotter does not resolve domain names for my intermediate hops. Sometimes it resolves the first and last address, sometime it resolves 2 or 3 in the middle. But the most important thing is that my Windows 98 Tracert DOES SHOW all intermediate DNS entries. Any suggesstions - please don't say to install the free trial again!<br><br>

#505 - 04/14/01 01:46 AM Re: DNS lookup
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The reverse name resolution routines have absolutely no "registered specific" code included in them. I suspect this is a problem of a different nature that just happens to co-incide with your registration date.<br><br>With that said, let's try and troubleshoot this a bit. What version are you running. Is it possible to send me a save file (e-mailed to pete@pingplotter.com) so I can see how this reverse DNS lookup works on my machine?<br><br><br>

#506 - 04/14/01 02:01 AM Re: DNS lookup [Re: Pete Ness]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Oh - also, a likely workaround for this problem (please test this and let me know how it works) is to turn on "Use non-threaded Name Lookups" in advanced options.<br><br>

#507 - 04/25/01 05:45 PM Re: DNS lookup [Re: Pete Ness]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, Peter. I just sent you an email with the information requested. I really appreciate your help.<br><br>Bill<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod