Topic Options
#3954 - 07/27/22 10:32 AM help me be sure, is this my isp or my end? or pc lag?
gamingdepression Offline

hi, i need to make this short
warzone lags out like it's internet, but ping (latency meter in warzone doesn't jump with it), but i get rubber banding

i cant test warzone so i tested wot

i will update with more info later im in a hurry, i dont know if the thing on hop2 is the problem? it's a big black line

edit: posted another ss

so basically I have lags in warzone, but latency in warzone stays the same, pretty weird issue, warzone says "packet burst" with their icon indicator Important: packet burst, not loss, packet loss is at 0%

soooooo because i cant test warzone im testing it on wot and it says it has latency, but final hop seems normal, does that mean there is 0 problem with my internet and it's the game? ill leave it running for longer and edit back

edit2: another ss, i went to shower so it was running for like 20 minutes or so, let me know if i need to upload anything else, i just need to know if this is okay and normal so i can know if i need a new pc for warzone or i just have bnad internet, thank you laugh

Attachments
pingplotter1.png (87 downloads)
pingplotterfinal.png (70 downloads)
pingplotter30min.png (70 downloads)

Edited by gamingdepression (07/27/22 05:05 PM)

#3955 - 07/28/22 05:52 PM Re: help me be sure, is this my isp or my end? or pc lag? [Re: gamingdepression]
TJM Offline

Hey Gamingdepression,

Thanks for reaching out!

Based on the screenshots you included in your post there doesn't seem to be anything that would correlate to the behavior you are experiencing in Warzone. Considering this I suggest letting these traces run longer so you have a larger data set to look through in trying to locate/identify this issue. Along with that a couple more traces I would suggest running alongside this WOT server trace you already have collecting data include:

* 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS Server)
* 1.1.1.1 (CloudFlare DNS Server)
* Your Router (Hop 1 in your traces)

These first 2 additional traces will help give you a good baseline for how your connection is overall (if packet loss or high latency occur at the final hop in either of these traces this would be indicitive of an issue). The trace to your router will help you see how your local network is (packet loss/high latency in this trace would be a sign of an issue inside your home network).

I also suggest checking out the following articles if you haven't seen them already:

Interpreting Latency and Packet Loss
Interpreting PingPlotter Results
Common Network Problems

Lastly, if you have additional questions about your results, feel free to export a PP2 file for your trace(s) after letting them run for at least 24 hours (File > Export Sample Set > All Data) and either send it here or in an email to support@pingman.com.

Best of luck!
-TJ

#3956 - 07/30/22 08:00 AM Re: help me be sure, is this my isp or my end? or pc lag? [Re: TJM]
gamingdepression Offline

Originally Posted By: TJM
Hey Gamingdepression,

Thanks for reaching out!

Based on the screenshots you included in your post there doesn't seem to be anything that would correlate to the behavior you are experiencing in Warzone. Considering this I suggest letting these traces run longer so you have a larger data set to look through in trying to locate/identify this issue. Along with that a couple more traces I would suggest running alongside this WOT server trace you already have collecting data include:

* 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS Server)
* 1.1.1.1 (CloudFlare DNS Server)
* Your Router (Hop 1 in your traces)

These first 2 additional traces will help give you a good baseline for how your connection is overall (if packet loss or high latency occur at the final hop in either of these traces this would be indicitive of an issue). The trace to your router will help you see how your local network is (packet loss/high latency in this trace would be a sign of an issue inside your home network).

I also suggest checking out the following articles if you haven't seen them already:

Interpreting Latency and Packet Loss
Interpreting PingPlotter Results
Common Network Problems

Lastly, if you have additional questions about your results, feel free to export a PP2 file for your trace(s) after letting them run for at least 24 hours (File > Export Sample Set > All Data) and either send it here or in an email to support@pingman.com.

Best of luck!
-TJ

Thanks for replying! I really hope it's not my internet and I'm gonna test what you said now, but I'm confused, doesn't two of my screenshot show a problem with the internet? There is latency of around 200 on the final hop, 0% packet loss, but doesn't this indicate a problem on my end?

Right away, this doesn't look good, I don't think there is even a need to leave it running longer than 10 minutes lol

What's confusing me even more is that these result still don't show what I'm experiencing ingame, my latency ingame is 55-75, RARELY it jumps to 120, very rarely, what I do experience ingame is rubber band like stuff, game pulling me back to where I was, for example, dying behind cover, we all know that shitty feeling, you get behind cover and think "oh I'm good", nope, enemy did not see that, for him you were very close to cover and he already killed you. When I get these lags my latency doesn't jump, it stays the same and warzone indicates "packet burst" three orange icons for that moment which they explain indicates either a network problem or a cpu bottleneck (which is true in my case, but it feels horrible, bottleneck don't usually cause such great deal of issues, I mean, I'm running the game at 100-140 fps, it fluctuates a lot and fast). 0% packet loss on the PL counter ingame.

something to note which you already know probably; first hop (my speedport router) doesn't show packet loss when I only run a wot ping, it occurs again in slow pace once I add the router ping and then the 8.8.8.8 ping, it literally slowly climbs to 100% by exactly 0.5 PL, gets slower later, climbing by 0.1

screenshots in order

router
google
cloud flare
wot

Attachments
pprouter.png

ppgoogle.png (49 downloads)
ppcloudflare.png (43 downloads)
ppwot.png (41 downloads)

Edited by gamingdepression (07/30/22 08:30 AM)

#3979 - 10/19/22 06:58 PM Re: help me be sure, is this my isp or my end? or pc lag? [Re: gamingdepression]
gamingdepression Offline

hello? can anyone reply to my last post? im really not sure what the problem with my network is

i'm guessing this is a home network issue?

first pic google
second pic router

if i learned anything this is a problem in my home network?

Attachments
pingplotterme.png (35 downloads)
pingplotterme1.png (28 downloads)

Edited by gamingdepression (10/19/22 07:16 PM)

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod