Topic Options
#3869 - 08/21/21 11:07 AM Packet loss help
rapidfalcon Offline

I have been experiencing packet loss that's almost constant. I have had multiple people out from my ISP to try and fix the issue and have them coming out again soon.
I have replaced my Modem and Router as well as most connectors by the techs that have come out. I have also directly connected modem to line coming from telephone pole and still have packet loss
Can someone take a look at the charts and tell me what they think? (i have tried directly to modem as well and looks the same)
https://imgur.com/a/ZVpO8Uw

#3872 - 08/24/21 05:15 PM Re: Packet loss help [Re: rapidfalcon]
TJM Offline

Hey Rapidfalcon,

Thanks for reaching out!

I took a look at the screenshot you provided and it looks like this issue is starting at Hop #2. From what I can tell Hop#2 in the route is outside of your home network which explains why replacing/troubleshooting devices/hardware inside your home did not have any effect on this issue.

I suggest checking out the following article we have on Building A Case to bring to your ISP to try and get this issue resolved:

https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network/build-a-case.html

Along with that, sharing the data shown in your screenshot should help in working with your ISP to get this issue resolved.

If this leaves you with any questions please let me know!

Best of luck,
-TJ

#3874 - 08/24/21 06:05 PM Re: Packet loss help [Re: rapidfalcon]
MrD Offline

Hey Rapidfalcon,

As mentioned above, the second Hop network is where the packet loss starts; and appears to continue on.
Just guessing, but would need to know if hop1 is your internal network, and what hop 2 is. If you are running a private network behind your modem; and hop2 is the network on your modem then there could be an issue with the connection between the modem and the ISP. Less of an issue in your location, and more on the ISP side. As mentioned above as well, you'd best get some screen shots and testing to the ISP to validate your case as I know before they accept any responsibility they will want to test end to end. You will most likely want to test a handful of endpoints to prove any theory out as well.

#3875 - 08/25/21 01:02 AM Re: Packet loss help [Re: MrD]
rapidfalcon Offline

Well after having six different technicians out they finally were able to pinpoint the issue on their mainline. so it was outside my home. thanks for letting me know your thoughts tho laugh

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod