Topic Options
#3798 - 12/26/20 06:10 PM Packet loss issue
concord Offline

Hello,
Im with an ISP called TürkNet in Turkey. And using this modem: Zyxel VMG8623-T50B. I have an unstable packet loss on 1. and 2. hop. Sometimes there is'nt any packet loss but sometimes its over than %30.
Likely packet loss on 1. and 2. hop caused by me. But there are packet loss on other hops also. When ı send screenshots to my ISP they keep telling me "There is'nt problem". My modem and cables(CAT6) are new. I dont know what could cause and dont know how to fix.
Thanks.

Attachments
packet loss testleri.jpg (151 downloads)
Description: packet loss test

#3801 - 12/28/20 06:16 PM Re: Packet loss issue [Re: concord]
TJM Offline

Hi Concord,

Thanks for reaching out!

Based on the screenshot you attached I think it is safe to say that this issue is not starting at hop #1 (your router). With that said due to the nature of a screenshot, it is difficult to say exactly where your problem starts but hop #2 or #3 looks a little suspicious.

You can rule out any packet down prioritization at your router by tracing directly to your hop #1 IP. You can learn more about this HERE

You may find the following articles helpful with interpreting your results:

Interpreting Latency and Packet Loss
Interpreting PingPlotter Results
Common Network Problems

Once you have identified where the issue is coming from the following article may be useful:

Building A Case

If you have questions about your results, collect at least 24 hours of data, and feel free to share it with us by:

- Sending over a SampleSet(pp2) file (File -> Export Sample Set -> All Data)
or,
- [Creating a Share page](https://www.pingplotter.com/wisdom/article/about-pingplotter-sharing.html) (File -> Share -> Create Share Page) and copy/paste the URL link in your reply.

Let me know if you have any questions about this!

Thanks,
-TJ

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod