Topic Options
#3790 - 11/24/20 04:12 PM Internet issues
pat Offline

Hi!
My name is Patryk. I'm from Poland. I have my internet from local isp. I have been struggling for my internet issues over 1 year. The problem is basically the same, when I'm playing csgo I have ping spikes It's make my game laggy and unplayable. I asked my isp many times they say always the same that everything is good signal is good they never see problems. I asked ppl on Polish forums they told me to use VPN to solve the problem. It didn't work. Finally I came here I hope I can get help here laugh. I'm using fiber 200/20 internet. I'm sharing It with my brother We both play games. Most of the time the problem appear but sometimes. It's working properly. As I learned about pingplotter the problem starts between isp modem and isp. What can I do about It? Next interesting thing is that my friend from other location is having also the same internet with the same speed but without any problem with constant ping. We tested that he has almost the same path only 2nd hop is called 172.21.0.0 mine is 172.21.0.1 also He has other isp modem. I have few ideas 2 hop just suck, my modem sucks. The sad thing is this is the best possible isp. Is it any way to fix it? I’m using the internet through internet cable. My isp modem is called dasan H660RM. I'm having private ip address maybe this is the problem. I appreciate for help.

Attachments
testping.pp2 (239 downloads)

#3791 - 11/24/20 05:16 PM Re: Internet issues [Re: pat]
AustinB Offline
Network Support @ Pingman Tools

Hi pat,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Looking at your data set here, it seems that the issue was not captured in your network test. However, your initial results at hop #1 are really great!

I'd recommend tracing directly to your game server, if possible. In order to find the exact IP address of your game server, you could try this on PC:

1. Close all other applications, leaving only your game running
2. Run Command Prompt as Administrator and use the **netstat -b** command. Copy/paste the output to a text editor (i.e. notepad)
2. Then, run the command a second time after closing down your game.
3. Cross-reference your results. The address that displays in the first result, but not the second, **should** be your game server.

If you don't game on a PC, perhaps get in touch with someone in your region that does (and plays CS:GO) - they might be able to do these steps and give you the server IP.

You could instead could contact your game's support team and ask for the IP of your server. Community forums for the game are also a great place to search for this information.

Once you've nailed down the IP you're connected to, try out a trace! If you don't get a response (100% loss), then you'd just need to adjust your packet type and port number settings accordingly by creating a New Named Configuration. Nmap is a great tool we use frequently to help find open ports/protocols for servers.

Here's a Youtube video which talks a little more about isolating the problem.

For more details about interpreting results for gaming, you can check out these articles:

- Interpreting Graphs - Gaming

- Beat Game Lag

- Interpreting Results

Once you're tracing to your game server IP (or even just Google.com), play your game and note the times when you are experiencing issues. Then you can look back at PingPlotter to see if it shows anything at those times and where the issue could be.

If the problem shows up at hop #2 or later, it's time to build a case to your ISP. See this link for more information on that:

- Building a case

Finally, in regards to your friends connection compared to yours, I think you'd really benefit from giving this article a read:

- Why Perspective Matters

Please let us know if you've got any other questions!

-Austin

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod