Topic Options
#3709 - 06/14/20 11:24 AM package losses / ping spikes / need help regarding collected data
dima Offline

Hi all,

for arround 2 months now I have severe connection problems. Gaiming, discord, teamspeak nothing works smoothly anymore. Gaming (e.g Lol / or hosting games for i.a. Borderlands ) is not posssible anymore. Every 30-90 seconds my ping spikes to 300-400... (if shown correctly in the gaming client), I can not see whats going on in the game for arround 3-15 seconds.

My provider already sent 3 technicians, they replaced the router, checked all connections within the house and the connection to the street etc. Problem just got worse.

Can you help me to interpret attached pp2-files? If more infromation are required for any trouble-shooting just let me know.

Br

Attachments
EU_west_104.160.141.3.pp2 (315 downloads)
www.google.de.pp2 (294 downloads)
www.youtube.com.pp2 (352 downloads)

#3710 - 06/15/20 06:37 PM Re: package losses / ping spikes / need help regarding collected data [Re: dima]
TJM Offline

Hi Dima,

Thanks for reaching out!

Based on what I'm seeing in your PP2 files it looks to me like your issues are happening early in the route, most likely at hop #1 or #2.

For this particular situation, I'd highly recommend getting our coolest new product, PingPlotter SideKick! This 'nifty tool was designed for home users and remote workers.

Complete with automatic target selection, guided walkthrough, and automated data collection and sharing functionality, this program gives our customers the information they need to fix their network connectivity; either by themselves, or by sharing evidence with their ISP.

You can get everything SideKick has to offer for only $20.00 USD.

If you'd like to know more about PingPlotter Sidekick, you can check it out at: https://pingplotter.com/sidekick

If you are not interested in SideKick I would suggest running the same traces you already did but for at least 24 hours before exporting your PP2 files. Along with that run a trace directly to your router for 24 hours also.

If you do purchase SideKick or run more traces feel free to post them here to the forum or email them to Support@Pingman.com!

Please let me know if this leave you with any other questions - I'm happy to help.

Thanks,
-TJ

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod