Topic Options
#3686 - 05/19/20 02:50 AM packet loss or pingspikes (every 1-5) min
Cadedowa Offline

So I have a problem that is very hard to fix.So every 1-5 min I either get a ping spike or packetloss spike when I play games like fortnite, apex,etc it always comes up as packet loss usually 7-30%. And I have had this issue for some time. i have contacted my isp(charter commiunications) they said it was all me. About 3 months ago I was over at a friends house and i was playing fortnite on his xbox (which is connected to ethernet and it was the same prob. So it is a neighborhood prob. I am not sure if it is the whole neighboorhood or just a section. So with the pic can you tell me what is my prob, if you need more info i will provide. [spoiler][/spoiler][quote][/quote]

Attachments
96.34.0.135.pp2 (470 downloads)

#3687 - 05/19/20 06:16 PM Re: packet loss or pingspikes (every 1-5) min [Re: Cadedowa]
Nate Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Thanks for posting!

Looking at the data you attached, there isn't quite enough to see the problem you're describing. However, we might be able to help you collect what you need.

If you’re interested, we recently released a new tool (called Sidekick) built specifically for narrowing down general issues and sharing the results with tech support. We are looking for feedback on how it works and what we can do to make it better. In exchange for taking it for a spin and telling us what you think, we’d be happy to give you a month of Sidekick absolutely free.

Sidekick should be able to tell you if your packet loss is being caused by something just outside your home network.

Just shoot me a PM with your email address, and I can get everything set.

#3688 - 05/19/20 07:45 PM Re: packet loss or pingspikes (every 1-5) min [Re: Nate]
Cadedowa Offline

ok sent you a pm

Edited by Cadedowa (05/19/20 11:39 PM)

#3691 - 05/27/20 02:43 AM Re: packet loss or pingspikes (every 1-5) min [Re: Cadedowa]
Cadedowa Offline

here is 8 min of me pinging 3 severs pls tell me what you think
https://youtu.be/vqzYPc2kSmY

#3692 - 05/28/20 07:22 PM Re: packet loss or pingspikes (every 1-5) min [Re: Cadedowa]
TJM Offline

Hi Cade,

Thanks for reaching out!

I looked at that video you linked along with your forum post. Based on the data you gathered in the video I do not see anything that indicates a connection problem. I see that Nate mentioned giving you a month of Sidekick for free, did you get a chance to run Sidekick to help pinpoint your problems? Sidekick takes a lot of the work out of troubleshooting by automatically targeting different points to give you a clear picture of if and where network problems are for you.

To help find your problems easier it would help if you ran traces to your targets for 24 hours so you can watch how your network responds over a period of time. If you do run more tests feel free to export the data from PingPlotter as a PP2 file and attach it in an email to me and I can help interpret your results.

To export data as a PP2 file from PingPlotter go to _file_ > _export sample set_ > _all data_.

Here are a couple of links on Interpreting PingPlotter Results and Interpreting Latency/Packet Loss .

If you need anything else or have any questions let me know!

Thanks,
-TJ

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod