Topic Options
#3443 - 08/14/19 09:25 PM Packetloss - ISP or me?
Baeshke Offline

I've noticed during online gaming and using voice chat that my upload is just absolutely busted. So I have been monitoring via PingPlotter Pro and sometimes it worse than others.

Based on the information attached is it my local network or my ISP?

The 3-5% packetloss is not normal or okay either right?

Attachments
8.13.2019.PNG (180 downloads)
More Lag today.PNG (188 downloads)

#3446 - 08/15/19 06:31 PM Re: Packetloss - ISP or me? [Re: Baeshke]
Poe Offline
Pingman Tools Support

Hi Baeshke,

Thanks for getting in touch!

From the screenshots, you attached (very helpful by the way!) it's hard to say definitively where the issue lies. In one of the screenshots, I see an "ICMP error 1231" showing which could mean you are having issues with your TCP/IP stack or possibly your NIC as well. This becomes much more likely if you happen to be running Windows Vista.

For us to be effective in helping you further we will need some more information. Could you please send us a support request by heading to Help -> Email PingPlotter Support, filling in your name and email address and sending it to us? Also another very helpful step would be to trace to your desired target for a few hours and then send us a share page where we can grab a .pp2 file of your connection data for analysis. You can do that by heading to File -> Share -> Create Share Page and send the link to Support@pingman.com (don't post it here as that would share it with the world). Here is a link with more details on creating a share page:

https://www.pingplotter.com/manual/sharing-pingplotter-data-with-.html

As soon as we get the support request and share page from you we'll take a deeper look and see if we can help you figure out what is causing the packet loss on your network.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

-Poe

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod