Topic Options
#334 - 11/22/00 04:40 AM Ping Plotter access
DaveUssell Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I have got a new problem with Ping Plotter. I don't think it is a Ping Plotter problem but it does only happen with Ping Plotter.<br><br>When Ping Plotter is invoked from the exe file it works well, as it always has. However, when called from a shortcut, I get only the title bar and not the full screen. Nothing freezes. Mouse and keyboard are still responsive and the three finger salute can end the task. Rebooting (cold) has no effect. SFC and Norton Utilities reveal no system problems.<br><br>Anybody got any ideas?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

#335 - 11/23/00 03:49 PM Re: Ping Plotter access [Re: DaveUssell]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hmmm. Very interesting...<br><br>Is it possible you have two installs of Ping Plotter? Try doing a search for "Pingplotter.ini" and make sure you only have one of those files. Make sure your shortcut is pointing to the directory that's working when you manually run it.<br><br>It sounds like Ping Plotter is trying to start minimized. Because of a bug in some versions before the most recent beta, if you have the tray icon enabled and it started minimized, then it sometimes wouldn't start right - and instead just showed up as a title bar and nothing more. There are two ways this can happen - one is if your shortcut tells it to start minimized, the other is if the ini file is telling it to start minimized. Check your shortcut - and if that's not the problem, make sure you only have a single PingPlotter.ini (by default, Ping Plotter uses the .ini file that's in the same directory as the exectutable).<br><br>

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod