Topic Options
#3318 - 11/03/18 05:52 AM Unstable Ping?
PingPlotNewbie Offline

Hello,

Can anyone help me understand this chart? I just started using PingPlotter about an hour ago to test. I did this because I recently upgraded to 1GB internet. Latency drops from 30 to 10..

Idle internet mode (No browsing no downloading). Pingplotter running. Laptop connected directly to Netgear CM1000 Modem via CAT5E.

Thank you!

#3319 - 11/05/18 03:08 PM Re: Unstable Ping? [Re: PingPlotNewbie]
Hayla Offline
Pingman Staff

Hey there!

Thanks for getting in touch!

All in all, it looks like this trace is pretty solid. You appear to only have about 11.0ms of latency to Google - which is really good! However, I think that the red bars might be alarming you, but rest assured. If the final hop looks good, then that means that the packet loss on intermediate hops isn't carrying through and likely bears little weight in the actual trace to the final destination. However, when you do see red on that final hop, that means that there's a hop that is misbehaving - and that's when you'll look back on those previous hops to see which one started the pattern. We cover this in detail here:

http://pingman.com/kb/24

All in all, this looks like a great trace! Let us know if you need any additional help!

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod