Topic Options
#3132 - 08/02/17 09:13 PM Route Changes in Version 5?
swackhap Offline

I'm new to version 5 of PingPlotter. Where did route changes go? I need to be able to see route changes over time and I was able to with older versions of PingPlotter. Please tell me it wasn't taken away.

#3133 - 08/03/17 12:21 PM Re: Route Changes in Version 5? [Re: swackhap]
Gary Offline
PingPlotter Staff

Hello,

Thanks for checking in on this!

In previous versions of PingPlotter (v4), we were exposed quite a bit of route change data - but realized that we weren't providing an intuitive way of actually working with the data. Better route change information and alerts are something that we're focused on bringing to (and improving upon) in PingPlotter 5 - and we're hoping to add these features in a near future release.

In the meantime, PingPlotter 5's new dynamic focus period does provide a bit of a window into any route changes that may have occurred in your traces. If you're interested, we cover this topic in more detail here:

http://www.pingplotter.com/manual/route_changes.html

If the route change features that were available in v4 are something that's critical in your usage of the program, PingPlotter v4 and v5 *can* be installed side-by-side (without interfering with each other). This allows you to keep getting the route change information you need, while still being able to periodically check in on the progress of PingPlotter 5.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Best wishes,

-Gary

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod