Topic Options
#1980 - 11/12/07 01:23 PM Graphs Hiding off the Screen
crumrine Offline

In the last couple months I started experiencing a problem with PingPlotter Pro. The graphs and scroll bars do not perform properly on my computer.

In the multi-ping window, the scrollbars don't show properly and they get worse if the PingPlotter Pro window is not maximized. On the single host windows, if the window is not maximized the graphs don't show up. If I undock and resize the single host windows, the graphs show properly.

I tried to upgrade to the new beta version, but it does the same thing. I have also tried on other computers without this problem.

Anything I can do?

Thanks,
Brian

#1981 - 11/12/07 01:47 PM Re: Graphs Hiding off the Screen [Re: crumrine]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Hi, Brian.

A screenshot would help immensely - I'm having a bit of a hard time visualizing the problem. If you send our support team an email via the Help -> Email PingPlotter Support... menu *in* PingPlotter Pro, that will attach a screenshot and send some pertinent information that we can use to help you solve this.

If sounds kind of like the time graphs aren't sizing properly, though. You might have a look at the "Resizing the time graphs" section of the manual, here:

http://www.pingplotter.com/manual/pro/summary_graphs.html

Default window sizes are stored in the PingPlotter.ini file, or the Workspace file (especially if you're running as a Windows service). There are several possible locations for the PingPlotter.ini file (Program Files\PingPlotter Pro, or Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\PingPlotter). The workspace file is entirely dependent on where you set it up. If you delete /rename all these files, the window size issue should be reset.

- Pete

#1982 - 11/15/07 11:40 AM Re: Graphs Hiding off the Screen [Re: Pete Ness]
crumrine Offline

Not sure sending support a graph would work because this appears to be a UI problem, PingPlotter Pro does generate correct graphs if they are saved out.

I did delete the pingplotter.ini file with the same results.

I have attached some screen shots which may help:
pppro1.gif - summary screen - if you look at the right scroll bar, the bottom is missing.
pppro2.gif - single host screen - no time graph
pppro3.gif - same single host screen - window maximized, time graph appears

Looks like I can only attach one file to a post, I will make two more posts.

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments
2018-pppro1.gif

#1983 - 11/15/07 11:41 AM Re: Graphs Hiding off the Screen [Re: crumrine]
crumrine Offline

pppro2.gif

Attachments
2019-pppro2.gif

#1984 - 11/15/07 11:41 AM Re: Graphs Hiding off the Screen [Re: crumrine]
crumrine Offline

pppro3.gif

Attachments
2020-pppro3.gif

#1985 - 11/16/07 02:22 PM Re: Graphs Hiding off the Screen [Re: crumrine]
Pete Ness Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Thanks for the screenshots - that's a lot of help.

I've reproduced this here by carefully docking / undocking the main graph area "just right". It looks like you're docked to a spot that only resizes against the top edge, not the top and bottom edge (there is a condition where you'd *want* to dock like this).

If you undock the graphs (double-click on the blue "caption" bar above the graphs). This will leave all the graphs undocked. Now, drag the undocked window back into the user interface. As you drag, you'll see the docking lines show the area where the graphs will be docked. There are a couple of positions that look similar, but are differentiated by where the bottom "docking line" shows. Make sure you dock on the one where the line is bumped right against the bottom edge. There's another docking position where it's a bit higher (the "don't fill the area, instead use my specified height" position).

I've attached an image that should illustrate where you want to dock. All the docking lines should be against all edges. On any edges where you're not docking against the edge fully, the graphs won't be resized when you resize that edge of PingPlotter.

Hopefully, that should take care of this problem. Let us know!

- Pete

Attachments
2021-Docking.png

Search

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod